
Back home, where it never gets very cold, there are so many things i took for granted, simple things like the sun. Back home i would run far away from the sun, and crib and cry the minute the weather got hot. Sun was an enemy, a bad thing that always made me dizzy. But it took me to come to France to realize its importance. Oh the beautiful sun, how i miss it all at once. Last four months here have been grey and cold with barely any sunlight. And even if the sun does decide to come out, the rays don't have any warmth in them. I have always wondered why everything here is so cold. Maybe its because the people don't get the warmth they require from the natural source. But i didn't realize how much i missed it, until last week i was on an island and i soaked myself in its light. The sheer beauty in its warmth, its shine. It lifted up my spirits and made me reach heights of joy i had forgotten existed. I just sat there soaking up the heat, i just lay down on the ground hungry to take in as much of the heat as i could. No artificial heating can come in comparison with the warmth of the sun. I lay there for a long time with the sun in my eyes and a slight breeze from the sea blowing on my face. it was the perfect moment and i wished i could stay there like that forever. With no worry in my mind, with no thoughts to crowd my mind. All at once i was at peace and i felt happier than i had ever been. All i needed was the sun to lift my spirits and soar them high, the same sun i used to run away from not too long back.
3 comments:
Yes, the fact is anything in excess is not appreciated.
I hated the sun as a Bombayite, but Pune (and a friend) helped me start appreciating the sun...oh how many winter afternoons have been spent soaking in the sun, especially at the University! Here in France, I'm like a lizard who crawls at the sign of the sun and just soaks in the glorious sunlight that warms its body... :)
I seriously have never appreciated the sun till I got here!
Post a Comment