I bought a pair of lovely leather sandals last month sometime, in a sale. I bought them, admired them and carefully wrapped them up and put them away in my suitcase to take back home with me when i leave. I got busy with my life and things i had been doing and completely forgot about this lovely new addition to my shoe collection. Today, i was alone at home all day, so to amuse myself, i opened up my suitcase to just see all the things i had bought till now, things i hadn't needed till now, that were lying there in my case, ready to be taken back. I pulled out clothes and things i had bought over the last few months, admired them and folded and put them back. Suddenly my hand touched something at the bottom of my suitcase, i pulled out the bag that was lying there. I opened it and saw my wonderful sandals sitting there silently, looking up at me with shining eyes and waiting for me to try them on again.
I was happy once again, just like i was the day i saw them in the shop window and i decided to buy them. I slid them out of their bag, i sat and i put them on. I walked to the other room and admired them in the mirror. I was grinning by now and i could see that my sandals were thrilled too. We were a funny lot, my sandals and me, standing there in front of the mirror and grinning like idiots. I did a silly little dance in them, just to show i was really happy to have them in my life. Then, i took them off, and with love and care wrapped them back in their bag and put them in my suitcase where they will stay till i reach back home. I know they are as happy to be a part of my life as i am to be a part of theirs. I know i love them a lot and i cant wait to get back to India and flaunt them off !!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hehehe I've been doing with some random jewellery I've picked up which I haven't worn yet because my scarves which beg to be worn as long as it's cold enough for them to be worn...and god I miss wearing sandals! It's such a pain to pull on socks and shoes everyday
I love finding stuff I've forgotten in the bottom of suitcase/cupboard etc. Its fun! and then trying it out! and seeing if it looks just as good as it used to :)
I like this blog!
Post a Comment