Why is it an Indian mentality that we can't holiday alone? Or is it not a common thinking but just mine invented? I don't know. But i do know that the thought of holidaying alone has always been a little weird for me. I crave for company, or sometimes its simply the fear of doing something alone. But if i try to think of it practically, isn't it the best way to travel sometimes? All alone, one with yourself ?
Somehow, i have never traveled alone on holiday. Yes i have taken trains and flights alone, and i have also been living alone for a long time now, but it is different from going to an unknown place and finding my way around. I have missed out on so many places i have wanted to see and so many holiday plans, just because i had no one to come with me. I am not so keen on going with unknown people, so common tours has never been my cup of tea.
But now i have decided, i want to at least give it a try. Start with a day trip somewhere alone. With music and a book as my company lone. No one to turn to, no one to talk to all day, just me and my thoughts all to myself. It will be an experience i am sure. Good or bad, we will watch and learn.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I used to think that way too, but I've discovered it's not that bad afer all...it's alot like "me" time you know! And you can do completely your thing...of course I've never done more than a day trip! I'm sure I'll start craving for company after that...
yaaaa... I would always want to do that.. but my only gitch is 'The security aspect'
Ive always wanted to holiday alone. I guess im chicken about it.
There is a certain fun in travelling alone, more so when the itinerary is not fixed.
I've done it so often in the last three years that I wonder if I am getting asocial... :-|
--Hyde.
Post a Comment