Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Another year

Another year is soon coming to an end, i find myself asking the same questions again. What was this year to me like? Did i achieve anything right? Well as every year has in store, this year too has had things encore. A lot was learnt, a lot was achieved, some dreams were broken and some fulfilled. Friends were made, friends were lost, fights were won and fights were lost.
As every year i do, this year i have my list of resolutions too ! Will i follow them or will they be forgotten somewhere on the way, its only this time next year i'll be able to tell.
Coming back to this year that was, there is so much that has passed. I got my dream trip to France, i spent time doing a lot of work as a freelance. I taught many sessions at the Alliance, and made many friends who are sure to last. I got to know more people, i grew up a lot. I had my own little house and that was a start.
I spent quality time with my family at long last, after 4 years i was home for more than 3 months ! I learnt a lot on my translation skills, yes, thats something i want to hold on as my positive self. I learnt how to teach little kids and im doing the kind of job i had never dreamt of !
Last year was special in its own way, but i hope next year is better in all ways. I hope to make my dreams come true, if not all, then atleast a few. I hope to have April come soon, so that i can go back to my roots.
Next year will be for me the most bizarre, starting it in a city from the world so far. For the first time i won't start the year same time as my family and friends, i will get those extra hours to dwell on all my thoughts of farewell....

1 comment:

Claire said...

hmm.. we all have our resolutions but its up to us make it there or not! gains n losses r a part of us beings. smart species tht we r supposed to be.. u have achieved more than u thought uma. to know, learn and appreciate urself!