From when i was in school, i always feared teachers. They had to be listened to, obeyed and their word was final. Punishments doled out by them was a black mark on the student and i never wanted to be caught on the wrong side of things. Childhood fear of teachers and immense respect for them continued till now. Even as a school teacher here, i never felt at ease and one with the other teachers, since i could never get over the fact that i was now one of their team. Teachers were teachers and the principal was someone to be feared. I was always in awe of them and scared to talk unless i had to.
But the last two weeks changed a lot for me. I realized teachers can and are fun. Not just with other adults, but with students as well. They have an authority, but they are not strict for no reason. They are loving and caring and protective and just like parents. Spending 2 weeks with these teachers was a learning experience for life. They taught me a lot, simply about life. They helped me with my french, taught me new things, never laughed but showed only patience. I was no more scared to ask questions and doubts, no longer afraid to talk with the fear of showing them my faults. I learned a lot from them, about academics, psychology and even every day things. I learned from them how to make beds perfectly, how to arrange a cupboard, they taught me french culture and food and everything. They took a lot of trouble to make me feel at home, to make me feel one of them. I told them my fear of teachers and they never laughed at me, just made sure they didn't push me. I realized teachers are smart, teachers are kind, they are the one's who can make or break a child. So much i learned from them, i hope to turn out to be like them. Someone people can trust and depend.
A big hug and a thank you to all of them, for making my vacation a memorable event !
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
aww! This trip turned out to be the best thing huh :)
Post a Comment