Friday, October 2, 2009

My new house finally turns into a home

For the first time since i moved out of home i decided to rent a house without even seeing it. I knew it was similar to my previous one and so just paid up the money and decided to move in. Moving day arrived, i packed my bags and moved. My first impression on walking into the house was, cold feet, crinkly nose and sheer fright on finding it similar to my old place in just the size. Apart from that, the walls were cold, the floor was dirty, no bed in the house, a weird smell all around. I wanted to throw my bags down and weep. But i took a deep breath in, thought i would sleep over it and all would be ok in the morning. But the depressing feeling continued for a while, till i finally decided to get up and make an effort to turn my house into a home.
I started with simply arranging all my stuff, putting bags away and the things in their proper place. Bought a small carpet and added little touches around the house. Started lighting candles in the evening to throw away the cold and bring in warmth. Set up my little kitchen and put pictures on my walls. Now all i need is a small pet, the little fish in its bowl to make my house into a home with another living thing around !

2 comments:

GAP said...

That's exactly the attitude you need to have. Trust me I've been where you are and as soon as I added some of my own touches to the place it started feeling like home..

Bhargavi said...

u should be blogging a lot more ..