Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Of moving, house hunting, settling down and much more

So i am back in India. Its now almost 2 months. Really??? Doesn't seem like it. Time has flown, so much has happened. Changes good and bad, emotional highs and lows, worry about what i am doing in life, about what i plan to do in life etc etc. Basically, just the normal problems of coming back to reality.
The last one month seems to have been a whirlwind. I went back to Bangalore, the house hunting began. NOTHING i saw came close to the house i lived in before i left the city a year back. I kept comparing and coming home disappointed and unhappy. Every morning brought in new hope and every evening brought in further depression. I drove my friends up the wall with my constant cribbing of not finding a good enough place. The depressing hostel room i was living in was no help at all. I went through highs and lows, of fears and more. I would call my family one morning and say i want to move back and then just a few hours later i would call and say, nope, i changed my mind, i want to look for a permanent job here ! Looking back i feel, what was all that for?? Was i seriously losing my mind or what was it, i don't know !
Anyways, coming to the brighter side of things, i finally found a studio just like the old one. OK, not as nice, but the closest i can come to the old one. I have moved in there and am slowly trying to set it up. Right now, the curtains are the only things that bring in colour, but i am sure, slowly steadily, even that will turn into home.
I am slowly settling down on the job front too and its nice to be around friends once again. I have decided to meet a lot more people, to finally come out of my protected bubble. More things on the card are to take up driving lessons and start being more independent ! And of course, most important, get back to writing in blog posts more frequently. Not for anyone, but just to pour out my thoughts and complaints ! Who can get bugged with my cribbing, if i am cribbing to myself right !
So here is cheers to a new phase in my life ! Hope all remains as positive as i am right now :)

1 comment:

GAP said...

:-) That happens to all of us hon. I'm moving to a new place soon and I'm excited as well as scared that it'll just not be the same and hoping to God that it turns out to be better than worse.. I hope you settle in your new place soon and don't worry about driving people up the wall, friends are always there to make you feel better and you know you'll be there for them when they need you :-)