I love traveling, but i hate packing ! It gives me nightmares, jitters and everything that is not a happy feeling. Small trips or long ones, i always end up packing or carrying more things than i actually need. They i huff and puff with my luggage, crib and curse and promise myself that when i travel next, i will be more sensible. But as usual, the promise will soon be forgotten, and then the next time i travel, the same story will be repeated.
7 months back, as i was packing to come to France, i was very sensible and only put in stuff that i would absolutely need here. I thought i had done such a great job at sorting and packing ( thanks to my parents pulling out 3/4th of the stuff i wanted to put in ), but then when the time came to manage my bags, of course it was a disaster. My bags put together weighed more than me, and dragging them across airports, bus shuttles and railway stations was a tough job and pain. I broke a nail, stubbed my toe, almost missed my train in the process of hauling all my luggage all along the train. I reached my destination and told myself, that is it, on the return, i am traveling lighter than this ! But as expected, my shopping continued. There were so many things i saw, that i will never get in India, and it was so absolutely necessary to buy everything. I kept telling myself, nah, i am still within weight limits. I have nothing to worry. Then i told myself, ok, i will leave behind all the stuff that i bought in India and have used regularly in the time i have been here. Having decided that, i entered my favorite stores and shopped some more.
Finally today, i decided i cannot push it anymore. I must get down to packing and getting ready to go. So i started stuffing things into the suitcase, one by one, and still there were huge piles lying all around. I am finally done with stuffing my bags and i fear its worse than when i came in, so god help me in trying to transport everything. Once again i will be alone, at railway stations, airports and all the way till i get home. Struggling, juggling and continuing to curse my shopping !
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
haha! once you reach home and you have piles of awesome french stuff, all that lugging around will seem worth it! :D
Post a Comment