Wednesday, January 26, 2011

2010

A year full of special moments, big changes and growing up. A year full of moments to look back and smile. A year full of excitement, love and highs :)
Every girl grows up having dreams of finding her love, of getting married and settling down. Like all of them, i did too... I would ask myself a million times, will they ever come true? Will he ask me to marry him or will i end up alone and miserable and broken hearted? Fights, doubts, worries, yet a lot of love. Confusion, anger, fear, yet a lot of dreams...
2010 has to be my year of dreams coming true. From the moment the families met to the final wedding day, each moment is etched in my heart and mind like a stone engraved. Like every girl, i went through the fears of leaving home, of living with a new family and starting all over. Of learning a new language to customs and more. Of making my place there and living up to the expectations galore...
Now almost 2 months after the wedding i sit here and smile, i think how silly my fears were and how happy i am. I see around me a family that loves me for who i am, i see around me trust, love and finally a feeling of settling down envelopes me all around.
I am learning how to juggle my family and job, i am learning to cook and manage the house. This year will be a step by step process of finding myself, of cherishing each day and the learnings found.
When people ask me how it feels to be married, i still look confused and ask them, why the feeling still needs to be found! I wake up some mornings looking all around and it takes me a few seconds to come back to ground :)

4 comments:

Galette said...

Im glad you're happy uma b!

Anonymous said...

every new day we learn we grow.we take we give.just be the way you are,caring, loving and learning.life gives us back 10 times of what we give.GBY!

manda said...

GBY

Alison said...

I know wot u feel. I feel the same now!